Ace Of Black Hearts
Dear sir, we hate to inform you.
But your check is being withheld for the following reasons.
The first is it cost more to live then you make.
The second is we are no longer writing dead beats like you checks.
Third you are just not greedy or desperate enough.
Ambition is good you know, when is the last time you cut someones throat?
Congratulation to the fact that you allowed us to enslave you to this treacherous job.
It is not work hard and you'll get a lot further.
It is no matter what you do you are still going to starve.
Here's your favorite dish of ham and beans with no meat or bone just a lot of artificial flavoring.
Take your tiny portion in your tiny cup and don't forget the lick it clean.
After all it is better then bread and water.
If you don't like our current generosity, mail in a heartfelt letter and we promise we will get to it long after you dead.
Hell we might even give something to someone claiming to be you.
It is just how the system works.
Don't ask us why, because we might know, but we definitely don't care.
Poverty is but a mirage of snares.
How can you really prove it is you who live there.
Far as were concerned there has to be first acknowledgement of your existence in the first place.
You have neither wealth, nor name.
Prominence an invention that has yet to be tamed.
As much as you feel degraded by what we have all said, imagine how we feel giving you the time of day.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Withheld Check by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- AN ODE TO AUTUMN, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Remote Control War, Wensislaus Mbirimi
- African Voter?, Gedion Onyango
- Weakness In Me, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- The Correspondence School Instructor Say.., Galway Kinnell
- The New School, Joyce Kilmer
- Vindicate your Decision, Kumarmani Mahakul
- All The People, Paul Gerard Reed
- Mercenary, Babatunde Aremu
- Then, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)