Ace Of Black Hearts
Dear sir, we hate to inform you.
But your check is being withheld for the following reasons.
The first is it cost more to live then you make.
The second is we are no longer writing dead beats like you checks.
Third you are just not greedy or desperate enough.
Ambition is good you know, when is the last time you cut someones throat?
Congratulation to the fact that you allowed us to enslave you to this treacherous job.
It is not work hard and you'll get a lot further.
It is no matter what you do you are still going to starve.
Here's your favorite dish of ham and beans with no meat or bone just a lot of artificial flavoring.
Take your tiny portion in your tiny cup and don't forget the lick it clean.
After all it is better then bread and water.
If you don't like our current generosity, mail in a heartfelt letter and we promise we will get to it long after you dead.
Hell we might even give something to someone claiming to be you.
It is just how the system works.
Don't ask us why, because we might know, but we definitely don't care.
Poverty is but a mirage of snares.
How can you really prove it is you who live there.
Far as were concerned there has to be first acknowledgement of your existence in the first place.
You have neither wealth, nor name.
Prominence an invention that has yet to be tamed.
As much as you feel degraded by what we have all said, imagine how we feel giving you the time of day.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Withheld Check by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love inspired meetings inspire, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Autumn, Deborah Kelley
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)