Wish Upon The Golden Fleece
To arrange words in a fixed mold
Destiny's hold predetermined fold
Would poetic flames guide her aim?
A pauper but rich to meaning’s claim
She read and studied by candlelight
She prayed outside the temple of light
Who is she to enter sacred domain?
Stoning befits her poetic lane
To wish upon the Golden Fleece
Her name is fame pronounced with ease
Doors open wide for her stress
April showers Malaya May’s dress!
Holy sonnet veiled at fourteen!
She unveil at fifteen then sixteen
Not her final end, she’ll defend
Her dream, did not fail to ascend!
Dedicated to Malala Yousafzai brave soul
Oct 7th 2013
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish Upon The Golden Fleece by Leaking Pen )
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
- Butterfly of joy, Aftab Alam
- Chords Of Eternity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1915 - 2000)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)