Wish Upon The Golden Fleece
To arrange words in a fixed mold
Destiny's hold predetermined fold
Would poetic flames guide her aim?
A pauper but rich to meaning’s claim
She read and studied by candlelight
She prayed outside the temple of light
Who is she to enter sacred domain?
Stoning befits her poetic lane
To wish upon the Golden Fleece
Her name is fame pronounced with ease
Doors open wide for her stress
April showers Malaya May’s dress!
Holy sonnet veiled at fourteen!
She unveil at fifteen then sixteen
Not her final end, she’ll defend
Her dream, did not fail to ascend!
Dedicated to Malala Yousafzai brave soul
Oct 7th 2013
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wish Upon The Golden Fleece by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Reaching Her, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Witch, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Wartime, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Summer's Eve, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- City, Indira Renganathan
- FLAME STILL BURNS, Rafique Farooqi
- The Cowards Of The World, Kenneth Winstanley
- A voice from beneath the Earth!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Of All Those, Luis Estable