Wisdom Of Life
If you've known sadness as a child,
It's not too bad, for how would you
Have known the difference between
Sadness and happiness, otherwise?
A drop or two of the silent tears that
Rolled down your chubby cheeks then,
Dried away soon, giving you a glimpse,
Of how it hurts, so that you do not hurt.
In adolescence, if your heart ached
In silence, in solitude, 'cause you didn't
Have anybody to confide in, to share
Your feelings and thoughts, that's okay.
Heaves of heavy sighs that merged quietly
With the gentle breeze, left your lungs
Refreshed with the lighter ones. Now you
Know, why to listen patiently to the teenagers.
If your heart was ripped apart, most
Unkindly, by the rejection of your love,
Oh isn't that just a matter of the past?
You have learned to move on, so well!
At the advanced stage, if you know grief
And sadness anew, well that's a boon.
It makes you familiar with the pangs of
Sadness of all ages. That is wisdom of life.
13 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wisdom Of Life by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way