Wisdom Of Life
If you've known sadness as a child,
It's not too bad, for how would you
Have known the difference between
Sadness and happiness, otherwise?
A drop or two of the silent tears that
Rolled down your chubby cheeks then,
Dried away soon, giving you a glimpse,
Of how it hurts, so that you do not hurt.
In adolescence, if your heart ached
In silence, in solitude, 'cause you didn't
Have anybody to confide in, to share
Your feelings and thoughts, that's okay.
Heaves of heavy sighs that merged quietly
With the gentle breeze, left your lungs
Refreshed with the lighter ones. Now you
Know, why to listen patiently to the teenagers.
If your heart was ripped apart, most
Unkindly, by the rejection of your love,
Oh isn't that just a matter of the past?
You have learned to move on, so well!
At the advanced stage, if you know grief
And sadness anew, well that's a boon.
It makes you familiar with the pangs of
Sadness of all ages. That is wisdom of life.
13 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wisdom Of Life by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Invention of The Store, douglas scotney
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Why Poet?, Sandra Feldman
- Man, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Kite, Dilantha Gunawardana
- A Middle-Aged First Kiss (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Misplaced Trust, Mr. Spock
- No Looking Back (A Follow-up Poem), Dr John Celes
- losing leaves, Leah Dodd
- Worthy, Galina Italyanskaya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)