Wisdom Of Life
If you've known sadness as a child,
It's not too bad, for how would you
Have known the difference between
Sadness and happiness, otherwise?
A drop or two of the silent tears that
Rolled down your chubby cheeks then,
Dried away soon, giving you a glimpse,
Of how it hurts, so that you do not hurt.
In adolescence, if your heart ached
In silence, in solitude, 'cause you didn't
Have anybody to confide in, to share
Your feelings and thoughts, that's okay.
Heaves of heavy sighs that merged quietly
With the gentle breeze, left your lungs
Refreshed with the lighter ones. Now you
Know, why to listen patiently to the teenagers.
If your heart was ripped apart, most
Unkindly, by the rejection of your love,
Oh isn't that just a matter of the past?
You have learned to move on, so well!
At the advanced stage, if you know grief
And sadness anew, well that's a boon.
It makes you familiar with the pangs of
Sadness of all ages. That is wisdom of life.
13 March 2014
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wisdom Of Life by Khairul Ahsan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany
- valentine's day, kat tommany
- can i be your valentine's day, kat tommany
- Even If Broken, Lyn Paul
- forever and always yours, kat tommany
- The constant rewards of the will to comm.., Dan Reynolds
- Meelo paidal chalkar tumko, tumse milwan.., VIJAY SINGH BHADORIYA
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi