Shivering grey skies
Usher in the icy morn
O' er countless wintry houses
Huddled close for warmth.
Summer flees for warmer climes
As winter 's clammy claws
Dig through bone and sinew
Cold bites with icy jaws.
Whining winds and gusting gales
Twist about the towns..
Gardens wither and leaves have fallen
As townsfolk scurry hearthwards.
Jinge Norvall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter by Jinge Norvall )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou