Will You Tell Me?
Thirteenth year is the first teen year,
And that's a very crucial year for all,
From here begins the first step towards
Adolescence, whence comes life's turmoil.
You said everything started going crazy,
From this eventful turning point of life.
You said every night you went to bed,
With drops of tears rolling from a strife.
You wished tomorrows would just go away,
But tomorrows came, and came the miseries,
With pretensions of happiness you moved on,
Ignoring the sadness, and your life's vagaries.
'No one to really call my own, no one to care'
Were the words that fell heavily on my heart,
Wanted to hug you, and listen to your story,
Will you tell me? From miles and miles apart?
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will You Tell Me? by Khairul Ahsan )
Did you read them?
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Yes/No, Morgan Michaels
- Chibok Blues, Tony Adah
- Staged Fright, Luke J. Holt
- The Wall of Water Falls, Brandt Nightingale
- Prayer of Ruin, Luke J. Holt
- Sweet Memories, Lilly Emery
- Earth's Time Clock Ticks, Patricia Kelley