Will You Tell Me?
Thirteenth year is the first teen year,
And that's a very crucial year for all,
From here begins the first step towards
Adolescence, whence comes life's turmoil.
You said everything started going crazy,
From this eventful turning point of life.
You said every night you went to bed,
With drops of tears rolling from a strife.
You wished tomorrows would just go away,
But tomorrows came, and came the miseries,
With pretensions of happiness you moved on,
Ignoring the sadness, and your life's vagaries.
'No one to really call my own, no one to care'
Were the words that fell heavily on my heart,
Wanted to hug you, and listen to your story,
Will you tell me? From miles and miles apart?
Khairul Ahsan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will You Tell Me? by Khairul Ahsan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poem is my bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Why Wouldn't the Indus Wash Away Our Sor.., Afzal Ahmed Syed
- Aladdin's Lamp, Aftab Alam
- Time Is Against Them, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- For Us, Afzal Ahmed Syed
- The Death of Stella D'Cruz1, Afzal Ahmed Syed