Will He Remember
For months we have planned
a joyous, festive day,
and to the family's dismay
he did not understand.
His granddaughters would wed
one tomorrow, one soon
both beginning at noon,
but this went over his head.
Bewildered, he gave it thought
anxiously wanting to speak,
surely the weddings are next week
lowering his head, distraught.
It was this moment when we
heard his memories slowly fade
like a shameless renegade
that will ultimately flee.
My father, an old timer,
is losing it to Alzheimer's.
Yesterday is long ago
so we hope for tomorrow.
Life is but a memory,
my hope is, it will be.
Cindy Thacher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Will He Remember by Cindy Thacher )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Passion (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- My Note To Santa...Please Write A Letter.., Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- HIM, michael walkerjohn
- Yonder, Kristen Brown