Spring has come again. To say it's all changed
is scarcely an understatement.
Not because the sky is swamped with new blue.
Not because those usual markers, the red and yellow flowers,
throng the avenue. So, so it is. So they do.
But you know, my screen door rides a zinc track
like a train its rail- numbingly cold to step on barefoot
in winter, it zings up your tracts and boggles your tonsils,
if, that is, after winter-so-long you still feel anything at all.
Yet, in Spring, a pleasure it is, inviting the heel to stay.
And today the runner's warm. About the door buzz
the newly-awakened, redoubtable Harlem flies. Prettily
slips the screen. Tread the runner today
and your foot'll feel a trove of warmth
stored up from the sun. You will say 'ah' or 'more.'
It's for that reason but not that only I declare
Spring again come: metals, scalding in summer, frigid in winter,
are bearable now. Sure, there's the sky, the wild bloominess of things;
but not to forget that door, its track,
adding felt welcome. Other than what we see.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wiedergekommen by Morgan Michaels )
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부산오피대박'…'선릉휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Love, shafeeqrahman rahman
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부천오피대박'…'강남휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '부산오피대박'…'부천휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- OPGANDA.COM≡오피뷰≡ 허니버터칩 '수원오피대박'…'동탄휴게텔'하소연, bkgfkvbkgfkv bkgfkv
- Baat toh itni si…., Priyanka Nayak
- Missing You, Priyanka Nayak
- On The Death Of Ella Fitzgerald, Shalom Freedman
- It's All Fare in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Blissful Atmosphere, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Malala Yousafzai, Jahan zaib
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)