Why? Why? Why?
Why do I want to prove that I am the best,
Everyone around me is superficial, according to my test.
Don't we hear it age after age, that we all have equal rights on this Earth?
We all have to work our something, before we hit the dirt.
Why? We ask throughout of our life,
We ignore the teachings of Love and we are cutting up others with a knife.
We have great teachings already, which we try hard to ignore,
Trying to prove that we are right, not the age old mentor.
Men fights men, woman fights woman,
So it starts early in childhood with the children.
They all want to prove who is stronger, smarter, richer,
And humanity gives medal and applause to the winner.
Aren't we all in that same boat?
On this same Earth we all want to cut the others throat.
Why can't we live in Peace, Harmony and Respect?
Why don't I start with myself, with my very own self respect?
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? Why? Why? by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter
- La Plonge, sheena blackhall
- On Waking, Rodrigo Diaz
- Death of the Hares, sheena blackhall
- 10 Scots poems from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall