Why? Why? Why?
Why do I want to prove that I am the best,
Everyone around me is superficial, according to my test.
Don't we hear it age after age, that we all have equal rights on this Earth?
We all have to work our something, before we hit the dirt.
Why? We ask throughout of our life,
We ignore the teachings of Love and we are cutting up others with a knife.
We have great teachings already, which we try hard to ignore,
Trying to prove that we are right, not the age old mentor.
Men fights men, woman fights woman,
So it starts early in childhood with the children.
They all want to prove who is stronger, smarter, richer,
And humanity gives medal and applause to the winner.
Aren't we all in that same boat?
On this same Earth we all want to cut the others throat.
Why can't we live in Peace, Harmony and Respect?
Why don't I start with myself, with my very own self respect?
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? Why? Why? by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)