Why? Why? Why?
Why do I want to prove that I am the best,
Everyone around me is superficial, according to my test.
Don't we hear it age after age, that we all have equal rights on this Earth?
We all have to work our something, before we hit the dirt.
Why? We ask throughout of our life,
We ignore the teachings of Love and we are cutting up others with a knife.
We have great teachings already, which we try hard to ignore,
Trying to prove that we are right, not the age old mentor.
Men fights men, woman fights woman,
So it starts early in childhood with the children.
They all want to prove who is stronger, smarter, richer,
And humanity gives medal and applause to the winner.
Aren't we all in that same boat?
On this same Earth we all want to cut the others throat.
Why can't we live in Peace, Harmony and Respect?
Why don't I start with myself, with my very own self respect?
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why? Why? Why? by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A.Blok, And again - the gusts... - Trans.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, A Painter - Translation (Rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
- One time..., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, Oh, no! You can't take off spell.., Lyudmila Purgina
- How Much Do You Love Hearts?, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, Before a court - Translation (Ru.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Summit, Pankajam Kottarath
- The Second Day We Met, Ronald Chapman
- British Big Cats, Cynthia Fielding
- I.Severyanin, That events were at sea-sh.., Lyudmila Purgina