Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Has the sun ever hidden the smiles of its light?
Have you ever sat to imagine the arrangement of the stars?
From whence dost the moon rises,
And whence does it set?
Do you ever desire the wind before it comes?
Dost thou knowest how fend the birds of the air,
Beast of the field
Hast thou attempted counting the hairs of thy head
And of thy body accurately
Even when they are sahved?
Can thou empty the waters of the ocean-
Even if thou be given a million years?
The sand on the sea shore, how cometh they?
The grasses in the field you always set ablaze-
Yet happily they sprout beautifying the environs;
How comst they?
Dost not the trees stand even in the dry season?
Dost not the heavens light thy path even in nightfall?
Can thou clamber upon the heavens to tear down
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Weep? by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe
- star came to me, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- u loved me once, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Lets all dance, Vanessa Parodia
- My dog Ben, Nick krakana
- The Bicycle, Udaya R. Tennakoon