Why Should I Care
Why should I care what state we're in?
Why should I care if the world doesn't spin?
Why should I care when theres no food to eat?
Why should I care we kill for more than meat?
Why should I care about my own kin?
Why should I care who we fight if we win?
Why should I care when theres nowhere to sleep?
Why should I care when the drugs run deep?
Why should I care when all the children are dead?
Why should I care when a mother is raped in her own bed?
Why should I care when people scream in pain?
Why should I care when tomorrow will be the same?
Why should I care when they shout racist remarks?
Why should I care when theres no more green parks?
Why should I care when the sky has turned black?
Why should I give something when I get nothing back?
Why should I love you?
Why should I care about the world?
Its quite easy actually......................
If I don't who will?
Claire Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Should I Care by Claire Jones )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Mind Games, Perveiz Ali
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal