Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Why Have YOU Awoken Me?
I need a verse and then another,
And then a third, and a fourth and fifth,
To write this poem in praise of THEE,
Then to my bed ~ to return to my sleep.
Why, Dear LORD, have YOU awoken me?
With much pain in my left leg,
Could not these lines wait until the morning,
When I would be fresh after my sleep?
The pain is slowly dissipating,
As I sit in my wheelchair writing this,
Soon I shall no longer feel it,
Then back to my bed to return to my sleep.
Now, I know the reason, LORD,
As this Poem is different now,
Written in Scan but with no Rhyme,
Still praising YOU while I can.
Thank YOU LORD for waking me,
For putting words upon my pad,
For showing me how to write in blank verse,
Which is not so bad.
Copyright [c] Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 23 July 2014
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Topic(s): blank verse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Have YOU Awoken Me? by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
- CRYSTAL WATER, Prince Lartey
- Beholden, Eleonor Santiago
- Faith and hope, gajanan mishra
- You're, Angela Wybrow
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)