Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Why Have YOU Awoken Me?
I need a verse and then another,
And then a third, and a fourth and fifth,
To write this poem in praise of THEE,
Then to my bed ~ to return to my sleep.
Why, Dear LORD, have YOU awoken me?
With much pain in my left leg,
Could not these lines wait until the morning,
When I would be fresh after my sleep?
The pain is slowly dissipating,
As I sit in my wheelchair writing this,
Soon I shall no longer feel it,
Then back to my bed to return to my sleep.
Now, I know the reason, LORD,
As this Poem is different now,
Written in Scan but with no Rhyme,
Still praising YOU while I can.
Thank YOU LORD for waking me,
For putting words upon my pad,
For showing me how to write in blank verse,
Which is not so bad.
Copyright [c] Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 23 July 2014
Topic of this poem: blank verse
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Have YOU Awoken Me? by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
Poem of the Day
- Marching On, Edward Kofi Louis
- Rum, crumbs!, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Point It Out To You, Edward Kofi Louis
- elephant selfie, lee fones
- You Are Very Beautiful II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Winter and Christmas, Rimni chakravarty
- - Μουγγό σκυλί (Greek poem), Giorgio A. V.
- Say You Are One of Them, Aysha Ananse
- Astonished, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Love It So, Edward Kofi Louis