Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet
Why Have YOU Awoken Me?
I need a verse and then another,
And then a third, and a fourth and fifth,
To write this poem in praise of THEE,
Then to my bed ~ to return to my sleep.
Why, Dear LORD, have YOU awoken me?
With much pain in my left leg,
Could not these lines wait until the morning,
When I would be fresh after my sleep?
The pain is slowly dissipating,
As I sit in my wheelchair writing this,
Soon I shall no longer feel it,
Then back to my bed to return to my sleep.
Now, I know the reason, LORD,
As this Poem is different now,
Written in Scan but with no Rhyme,
Still praising YOU while I can.
Thank YOU LORD for waking me,
For putting words upon my pad,
For showing me how to write in blank verse,
Which is not so bad.
Copyright [c] Jonathan Goldman [JGthepoet] - 23 July 2014
Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet's Other Poems
Topic(s): blank verse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Have YOU Awoken Me? by Jonathan Goldman a.k.a JGthepoet )
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
- ! Forum Personas (PH Forum Commentary), Alice Vedral Rivera
- Songs and Music, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)