Shalom Freedman (Troy New York)
Why Am I So Happy Sometimes?
WHY AM I SO HAPPY SOMETIMES?
Why am I so happy sometimes?
I just don’t understand-
When I was a child
I could never understand
What the word ‘happiness’ meant-
Now in my old age
I just do not understand the happiness
That overwhelms me sometimes-
Just sitting reading and writing
The happiness that overwhelms me
And makes me thank God
I am alive.
Poet Other Poems
- 18 Definitions Of A Short Poem
- 18 Definitions Of Poetry
- A Day Is Ending and Nothing Has Been Don...
- A Day Is Gone
- A Day Without Poetry
- A Day Without Poetry/Is A Lost Day
- A Few Kind Words
- A Friend Is Gone (For Alex Auswaks)
- A Grandchild Gives New Hope In Life
- A Great And Unusual Happiness
- A Great Man Died
- A Lesson From Sam Berns Of Blessed Memor...
- A Life Is Lived The Way It Is Lived
- A Little Poem/ At Heart A Home
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.