Why Am I So Happy Sometimes?
WHY AM I SO HAPPY SOMETIMES?
Why am I so happy sometimes?
I just don’t understand-
When I was a child
I could never understand
What the word ‘happiness’ meant-
Now in my old age
I just do not understand the happiness
That overwhelms me sometimes-
Just sitting reading and writing
The happiness that overwhelms me
And makes me thank God
I am alive.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I So Happy Sometimes? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA
- zanny on top of her hill, RIC S. BASTASA
- i'd rather be a sponge than be a sprayer, RIC S. BASTASA
- that steel hearted lady, RIC S. BASTASA
- the fingers and the eyes, RIC S. BASTASA
- Pure innocence, hasmukh amathalal