Why Am I So Happy Sometimes?
WHY AM I SO HAPPY SOMETIMES?
Why am I so happy sometimes?
I just don’t understand-
When I was a child
I could never understand
What the word ‘happiness’ meant-
Now in my old age
I just do not understand the happiness
That overwhelms me sometimes-
Just sitting reading and writing
The happiness that overwhelms me
And makes me thank God
I am alive.
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Why Am I So Happy Sometimes? by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- One In A Million, Michael McParland
- Oh What A Fool, Michael McParland
- Oh Praise And Rejoice, Michael McParland
- Obsessive/Oblivious, Michael McParland
- Numb, Michael McParland
- Nothing Matters, Michael McParland
- No One Comes, Michael McParland
- Never Ending, Michael McParland
- When the Heart Skips a Beat, Danusha Marie
- Nervous Wreck, Michael McParland