why am I born?
When I ws small,
I asked my dad, 'why am I born? '
With a kiss on my head
'right now you are a lil angel, you will grow up as my princess, nd one day ull be queen of a king'
I believed it, i thought ……..he mean it
As I grow, my mother followed my each step
From how I talk….. to how I walk
How I behave…. to how I dress
But what for? ? ?
Evrything was fine
Untill the time
Don't know………. how and when
belonging of the one
Whom I nvr had known
….before I cud understand, I cud shy
Or I cud shout or I cud cry
My clothes were torn
And down was I thrown………
My body ws naked, Raped nd revaged
As per his wish, he squizzed and scratched
Pain I felt, ws more due to my sobbing heart than my bleeding body……….
After few minutes, my soul, though struggled, but died
Now No more I cud shout, no more I cud cry
Some air was still flowing inside my body
Some blood still running in veins
But rest………..nothing remained
I never asked again
'why am I born'
'why am I born'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (why am I born? by surbhi singh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Rabbit, Vera Sidhwa
- Forever On You Shine, Spiritwind Wood
- All That We Have Known, Spiritwind Wood
- Keep This Noticed To Know It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Minute Too Fast, Vera Sidhwa
- Dreams Of You, Spiritwind Wood
- Free To Be, Spiritwind Wood
- The One I Wanted For Me, Spiritwind Wood
- Faced with fears of a wide blank canvass, Mark Heathcote
- All Just A Game, Spiritwind Wood