Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
Why am I getting muter and muter
While the birds are chirping cheerfully?
I wouldn’t say
Though there’s in my heart something to say obviously.
Why am I, step by step, stepping backward,
While the creeks are gurgling all the way in glee forward?
There’s clearly a desire to go to the opposite rivage, yet
I dare not cross the rivulet
I touch the lonesomeness of the hours of darkness,
I pretend to beam
But stubbornly down my tears stream
The finest verse remain
For Muse has ceased
With me to honor.
What on earth
Why excitement and happiness
Come to me no longer?
Time after time
This answerless question
that becomes the last rhyme.
Rose Lu ( Bing hua )'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why by Rose Lu ( Bing hua ) )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Apelike Persistence, Richard Thripp
- Your body is water, Mark Heathcote
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Very Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman