Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
Why am I getting muter and muter
While the birds are chirping cheerfully?
I wouldn’t say
Though there’s in my heart something to say obviously.
Why am I, step by step, stepping backward,
While the creeks are gurgling all the way in glee forward?
There’s clearly a desire to go to the opposite rivage, yet
I dare not cross the rivulet
I touch the lonesomeness of the hours of darkness,
I pretend to beam
But stubbornly down my tears stream
The finest verse remain
For Muse has ceased
With me to honor.
What on earth
Why excitement and happiness
Come to me no longer?
Time after time
This answerless question
that becomes the last rhyme.
Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why by Rose Lu ( Bing Hua ) )
- Scotland: My Love Renewed, Paul Gerard Reed
- Rosalinda, Edward Kofi Louis
- Losing Your Temper, Edward Kofi Louis
- Testing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To Watch My Steps, Edward Kofi Louis
- Must Not Withdraw, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- To blow the scent of flowers of friendsh.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Badagry, Edward Kofi Louis
- drawn to the mountain, Thomas Leathandrum
- To Reward You, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Percy Bysshe Shelley