Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
Why am I getting muter and muter
While the birds are chirping cheerfully?
I wouldn’t say
Though there’s in my heart something to say obviously.
Why am I, step by step, stepping backward,
While the creeks are gurgling all the way in glee forward?
There’s clearly a desire to go to the opposite rivage, yet
I dare not cross the rivulet
I touch the lonesomeness of the hours of darkness,
I pretend to beam
But stubbornly down my tears stream
The finest verse remain
For Muse has ceased
With me to honor.
What on earth
Why excitement and happiness
Come to me no longer?
Time after time
This answerless question
that becomes the last rhyme.
Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Why by Rose Lu ( Bing Hua ) )
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson