Whumplethump Goes Missing (Part Three)
'Come on, ' I said, 'I need your help'
'We're going to the shed, '
'We've got to put the tent up'
'Then we'll go and get your bed.'
He wagged his tail and followed me
He woofed as we went in,
I turned around and looked at him
I'm sure I saw him grin.
My tent was underneath the bench
Covered with old sacks,
I needed to be careful
And avoid my Dad's wine racks.
But as I bent to move them
To place them on one side,
Jake hit me just below the knee
'You idiot! ' I cried.
I managed to avoid the wine
Luckily for me,
I'll get my own back on that Dog
Just you wait and see.
I grabbed my tent and pulled it out
And waited for a bit,
Then when Jake came close to me
I shook the dust off it!
Now instead of being spotty
He's a dirty shade of grey,
I hope between the sneezes
He has learned that two can play!
I took the tent out on the lawn
And carefully laid it out,
I was just about to put it up
When I heard Mummy shout......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ To be continued.
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whumplethump Goes Missing (Part Three) by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..