Whumplethump Goes Missing (Part Three)
'Come on, ' I said, 'I need your help'
'We're going to the shed, '
'We've got to put the tent up'
'Then we'll go and get your bed.'
He wagged his tail and followed me
He woofed as we went in,
I turned around and looked at him
I'm sure I saw him grin.
My tent was underneath the bench
Covered with old sacks,
I needed to be careful
And avoid my Dad's wine racks.
But as I bent to move them
To place them on one side,
Jake hit me just below the knee
'You idiot! ' I cried.
I managed to avoid the wine
Luckily for me,
I'll get my own back on that Dog
Just you wait and see.
I grabbed my tent and pulled it out
And waited for a bit,
Then when Jake came close to me
I shook the dust off it!
Now instead of being spotty
He's a dirty shade of grey,
I hope between the sneezes
He has learned that two can play!
I took the tent out on the lawn
And carefully laid it out,
I was just about to put it up
When I heard Mummy shout......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ To be continued.
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whumplethump Goes Missing (Part Three) by Owain Glyn )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)