Whumplethump Goes Missing (Part Three)
'Come on, ' I said, 'I need your help'
'We're going to the shed, '
'We've got to put the tent up'
'Then we'll go and get your bed.'
He wagged his tail and followed me
He woofed as we went in,
I turned around and looked at him
I'm sure I saw him grin.
My tent was underneath the bench
Covered with old sacks,
I needed to be careful
And avoid my Dad's wine racks.
But as I bent to move them
To place them on one side,
Jake hit me just below the knee
'You idiot! ' I cried.
I managed to avoid the wine
Luckily for me,
I'll get my own back on that Dog
Just you wait and see.
I grabbed my tent and pulled it out
And waited for a bit,
Then when Jake came close to me
I shook the dust off it!
Now instead of being spotty
He's a dirty shade of grey,
I hope between the sneezes
He has learned that two can play!
I took the tent out on the lawn
And carefully laid it out,
I was just about to put it up
When I heard Mummy shout......
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ To be continued.
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whumplethump Goes Missing (Part Three) by Owain Glyn )
- Act of plagiarism, Aftab Alam
- Chadjeordie, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Miss Fatma, Ali Nawroz
- Everything Goes On, Fatima Nusairat
- From Fear to Greed..., Mr. Nobody
- Abandonment's Pain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lingerings, Stephen Warren Williams
- Love is Heaven's Bliss, Aftab Alam
- Nobody F-in' Loves Me! : D, Mr. Nobody
- Waiting Solo, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)