"Who Is Our Lord? "
They resented his words for he loathed you,
The heads of the crowd were smelling like nectar,
But we objected to the crassness of this somewhat
Lurid topic of discussion.
I have watched the witchcraft and the birthday,
I see music ready to roll down hills like water,
As the contests have been designed and won
After the crowds disperse in this rioting world.
Always the discussed one reads to us aloud,
Wearing us to the point of illness,
Like swearing masses and leadership of swearing
And lost reason, the understood one of this age.
They say he matters to the rich among us,
Between you and me he is a coward of
Vile munching, eating the foods and drinks
At everyone's expense.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ("Who Is Our Lord? " by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Stay not away, gajanan mishra
- Ah! Little Woodlouse - Are You Unreal?, Brian P FitzGerald
- You Will Always Learn, Naveed Akram
- What can I do, gajanan mishra
- Salvation, Uttam Biswas
- Morning Prayer, Brian P FitzGerald
- Ghost And..., John Ugolo Umah
- Mendel Anxiety, RISHAD MKPNR
- Beauty Falls..., John Ugolo Umah
- Flooded street, gajanan mishra