Who Is A Prisoner Now
My back yard has high walls and is like sun trap, I sit here and
get a tan in winters... the walls, cracked, need a lick of paint.
I can see a map of Europe, lakes, rivers and open plains
where wolves roam and hunt elk, and man shot wolves.
The map changes I now see the Caribbean and the Islands
dotted about. When I was on a small tank ship years ago I had
a chance to go ashore, visit and explore most of the Islands
.... mainly I fear, my interest was to meet lovely girls, of what
these Islands have many, and with a few of them swam in
crystal clear waters of innocence. I also had the sense to see
those pearls of Islands in early morning haze.
So many years ago, yet I remember Teresa, in Curacao, and that
is a great recall, as the Island itself is rather flat and has little
to offer of beauty, its only claim to fame is a big oil refinery and
the largest camp of prostitutes I have ever seen. Anyway the sun is
setting and shadows erase my map, time to go in and lit the fire,
but reminiscence of a time gone by lingers.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Is A Prisoner Now by oskar hansen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Mating التزاوج, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Time Is Now, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Raja male, gajanan mishra
- Lost Is Never Gone, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- I Stand Tall, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The king dies, gajanan mishra
- Nice platform, hasmukh amathalal
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins