Who Am I?
...Glistening spheres dance merrily...
As I look into this portal.
All I see is...
An expressionless cast.
Staring into naught...
...Pale silver trails away...
The dark swallows.
Yielding a dim glow.
A pale composure.
Plain yet alarming...
...Smooth touch stroke...
Faded eyes show the dream...
A hopeless longing pierces.
Stone set features unfold all...
...A numbing breath casts distress...
Cold set ivory like a great colossi.
Empty faces stare back...
Dull light slowly fades.
A raw touch airily caresses...
Who Am I?
I am the one always behind you.
I am the one who looks when you least suspect.
I am the cold touch you feel.
I am the voice you hear...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Morgan Siegel )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Get Dirty, Buddy Bee Anthony
- I Never, Sergi Dutronc
- Love for everyone, Andy Sayasone
- Storage Unit Auction, Saiom Shriver
- Space Framed Beauty, Saiom Shriver
- Unhealthy Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Miracle Making, Saiom Shriver
- Purpose, Passion, Faith & Love, Tom Zart
- Death Or Life, Saiom Shriver
- Discovery, Phil Soar