Who Am I?
“Who am I, you ask? ”
I am a narrative in the making,
A happy ending not yet told;
A plot unapologetically thickening,
An unedited pagination in bold.
I am a breath worth breathing,
Escaping death with each blow;
Avoiding over speculating
When the last one will flow.
I am faith in motion,
More enlightened via the personal
Than stage-like public spectacle.
I am desire, craving daily to be known,
Not forced into isolation to venture alone;
But absorbing each new sunrise and sunset
Providing the gift of another day for riveting embrace.
I am a friend worth having;
A reliable man worth confiding.
Gratefully ineligible to adjudicate,
In the now, fearlessly merciful.
I am honesty’s new best friend,
A quest for truth continually probing;
A current of transparency untainted,
Longing for a nonjudgmental landing.
Vaughn Wood's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Who Am I? by Vaughn Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- DOUBLE-FACED PEOPLE ناس بوشين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Young Priest, Old Priest, Donal Mahoney
- Till Twilight at Jamia Millia, Riyaz Yamish
- Night Life, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah
- The Soul Of My Country, Tony Adah
- Down By The Sea, Lilly Emery
- Black Willow, Lilly Emery
- - Let Me -, Aparna Chatterjee
- Your Love Shines Like A Diamond, Lilly Emery
- Only One, Kwadwo Botuo Gyimah