White...... [Using The Word WHITE; A Little About Me And About Other Things]
Some would say my skin is white. My wife, she calls it pink.
White is the “color” of this page that I’m trying to fill with ink.
“Don’t fire till you see the whites of their eyes” is a history quote.
Whitecaps are large waves that may sometimes sink a boat.
To whitewash can mean to “cover up”, to make something seem not so bad.
Egg whites are used in Angel Food Cake, a favorite of my Dad.
White hats were worn by cowboy “heroes” while villains all wore black.
Whiteheads are pimples people sometimes get on the face or back.
White is the house where our president lives in Washington D.C..
A deep blanket of white snow can cause skiers and kids both to jump with glee.
Years ago I donated white blood cells; now all I give are red.
If I awake and all people have white wings, I guess I’ll know I’m dead.
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (White...... [Using The Word WHITE; A Little About Me And About Other Things] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- We Lost Our Run, Rites Ghosh
- Left are the words unspoken, Aditi Khandelwal
- Poetry, Tony Adah
- For Carl Harrison (My Life Long Friend), Dave Alan Walker
- Hyenas And Vultures, John Ugolo Umah
- Again After Hundred Years, Ruma Chaudhuri
- The Box Of Life, John Ugolo Umah
- What A Life!, John Ugolo Umah
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah