Snow on the ground
covers the town in a blanket of white.
Snowmen will be built
by kids, whose parents
will shovel the sidewalks.
Igloos will be built
by those with the know-how.
I, for one, rush out with my camera,
snapping away between snowballs.
Steep hills will be covered with sled riders
and those attempting to ski.
I've got my movie camera
and thermos of hot chocolate.
I catch on film winter memories.
Ice skaters pass my lens
unaware that I've captured on film, that strange look.
Long after the snow has melted away
I'll have my winter memories on film.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Thoughts by bob barci )
- Bottled and Guarded the Overberg Story, Jenny Santiago
- हमारा घर हमारा भारत, MIRTUNJAY KUMAR
- Lampost, Naveed Khalid
- Tablet Of Simurgh, Naveed Khalid
- My Chamber of the Great Escape, Jenny Santiago
- To The Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Where I want to be, Jenny Santiago
- Beehive, Naveed Khalid
- Purgatory, Naveed Khalid
- I seek, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Ballad of Gentleness, Geoffrey Chaucer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)