Snow on the ground
covers the town in a blanket of white.
Snowmen will be built
by kids, whose parents
will shovel the sidewalks.
Igloos will be built
by those with the know-how.
I, for one, rush out with my camera,
snapping away between snowballs.
Steep hills will be covered with sled riders
and those attempting to ski.
I've got my movie camera
and thermos of hot chocolate.
I catch on film winter memories.
Ice skaters pass my lens
unaware that I've captured on film, that strange look.
Long after the snow has melted away
I'll have my winter memories on film.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Thoughts by bob barci )
- Reading and Writing, umaprosad das
- The Afternoon, Leong Ming Loong
- Aligarh Muslim University & Raja Mahendr.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Storm Warning, ESPN CHICK
- A Kiss To Otis Redding, Electric Lady
- So Sensitive In My Heart, Rohit Sapra
- You own every part of me, Afrodita Alkline
- You (One Day I'll Forget You), ESPN CHICK
- Advice can have minus point., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The Washerman's Ass Find I Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(c. 600 BCE)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)