Snow on the ground
covers the town in a blanket of white.
Snowmen will be built
by kids, whose parents
will shovel the sidewalks.
Igloos will be built
by those with the know-how.
I, for one, rush out with my camera,
snapping away between snowballs.
Steep hills will be covered with sled riders
and those attempting to ski.
I've got my movie camera
and thermos of hot chocolate.
I catch on film winter memories.
Ice skaters pass my lens
unaware that I've captured on film, that strange look.
Long after the snow has melted away
I'll have my winter memories on film.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Thoughts by bob barci )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka
- Bidinthani Raikhos, Swrji Basumatary
- Magic Of Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Angw, Swrji Basumatary