Snow on the ground
covers the town in a blanket of white.
Snowmen will be built
by kids, whose parents
will shovel the sidewalks.
Igloos will be built
by those with the know-how.
I, for one, rush out with my camera,
snapping away between snowballs.
Steep hills will be covered with sled riders
and those attempting to ski.
I've got my movie camera
and thermos of hot chocolate.
I catch on film winter memories.
Ice skaters pass my lens
unaware that I've captured on film, that strange look.
Long after the snow has melted away
I'll have my winter memories on film.
bob barci's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (White Thoughts by bob barci )
- Holding Fatima in the Light, Mohja Kahf
- Manifesto for the Chaste Wanton, Mohja Kahf
- Doves, Mohja Kahf
- Return of the Friend, Mohja Kahf
- On The Run In The Dream, Albert Martin
- My Grandmother Washes Her Feet in the Si.., Mohja Kahf
- Joan Rivers, Ima Ryma
- First October Twenty Fourteen, Tony Adah
- تحية طيبة, خليل مردم بك
- Happy Writer, Cynthia BuhainBaello
Poem of the Day
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Viggo Stuckenberg
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
- Heather Burns