as the day releases her grip on the weighty verdant nature of things..
and as night slowly comes to take her hand there, at dusk- calm cool and waiting -
he so fully expansive dressed in moon light and perfumed with the decadent odor
of the crushed flowers of summer's days...
watching them...I am convulsed by a silent cry-
ancient and insistent..like a shard of glass once buried so deep-
layers of living intent on dulling it's edges and encouraging my
a silent scream escapes my soul...
and as he (night) caresses her (day) hand,
beginning the familiar dance of the passage of life,
I search the stars, with whispered tears, and a bruised and
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Whispers by Ann Dow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rockin' Socks and Paradox, Monk E. Biz
- Love dale, SALINI NAIR
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary