While clouds did mill (cavatina sequence)
While clouds did mill, ominous thundergirt
and in darkness
pile all over the distant horizon
we did caress,
with lips upon lips silently meeting;
our God did bless
us with His own lingering company
while in a storm we did each other see.
Wind did suddenly rock the little tent’s roof,
our God’s presence,
was everywhere, we were without a care,
to its essence
we talked about His might in that night;
almost childly kept us from doing wrong.
both of our bonds with Him were very strong.
Gert Strydom's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (While clouds did mill (cavatina sequence) by Gert Strydom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass
- In The Market For The Exotic, Terence G. Craddock
- Far Traveller Absorb Exotic Sights, Terence G. Craddock
- the yardstick, Marshall Gass
- Market Traveller Moves Unseen, Terence G. Craddock