In Indraprasth; Sakuni
Laughed; dreamed of nephew.
Ulysses so did
On his son Telemachus.
From British rulers
We Indians glided down to
The slavery of petty
Diary leaders(?) dealers.
Their sons and daughters
Queue for power: push us -
Commons off, you know?
Crazy of power united
Keep us under Power cut
To grope in and vote.
Read, watch observe, then
From wisdom choose the way
For a change we want.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
note.Duryodhana=son of Dhrudharashtra, brother of Pandu fhusband of Pandavas' mother Kunti.Indraprasth=Present Delhi.Sakuni=Uncle of Duriyodhana and the vicious plotter.(According to Mahabharata story.) Ulysses =King of Ithaca who participated in Trojan War.(War between Troy and Sparta for Helen, the sweet princes as per Greek Mythology.) .
Topic(s): love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where to? by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- 30 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- love nature, khaled Elbalishy
- Keep feet, hasmukh amathalal
- What Will It Take?, Kathryn Tyler King
- 12 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- The component of value, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- 6 May 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October Clouds, Michelle Claus
- 24 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 21 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)