In Indraprasth; Sakuni
Laughed; dreamed of nephew.
Ulysses so did
On his son Telemachus.
From British rulers
We Indians glided down to
The slavery of petty
Diary leaders(?) dealers.
Their sons and daughters
Queue for power: push us -
Commons off, you know?
Crazy of power united
Keep us under Power cut
To grope in and vote.
Read, watch observe, then
From wisdom choose the way
For a change we want.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
note.Duryodhana=son of Dhrudharashtra, brother of Pandu fhusband of Pandavas' mother Kunti.Indraprasth=Present Delhi.Sakuni=Uncle of Duriyodhana and the vicious plotter.(According to Mahabharata story.) Ulysses =King of Ithaca who participated in Trojan War.(War between Troy and Sparta for Helen, the sweet princes as per Greek Mythology.) .
Topic of this poem: love and pain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where to? by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- In the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Death ballet, Ojaswi Machiraju
- The Indian Villages of Paglets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fred Claus Got It Right, Mr. Nobody
- Taron, Pariyon Ke Desh Meri Chandramukhi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey