Where Is The Night
Where is the night that I may rest
In silent solitude
Amidst the moonlit starry skies
With peacefulness imbued
The dark to steal my languid soul
Above, beyond the sea,
That I may reign forever fixed
In sweet serenity
Beneath my eyes, the earth shall turn
Whilst I remain so still
Thus contemplating such desire
Man’s eager need to fill
But here I stay ‘midst earthly gloss
Caught ever by its spell
Yet tethered by all worldly things
Within my heart to dwell
So high upon the ragg’ed clouds
Of dreams long borne, I fly
Through yonder storms and battlefields
Where all are wont to cry
Until the day when I shall loose
All chains that capture me
And soar above to regions where
My heart and soul be free
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Is The Night by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh
- Distress, Nick Kler