Where Did It All Go?
I saw it on the day
We set together on the same
Bench, left alone unattended,
Not disturbed; just ignored as
If we were not present in their mist.
We had it on our side: by just
A short period of trial - it was
In us. We bonded together
And it kept us together for
About one summer and one winter.
You thought it had died after
That: But you know where it
Was to be going. You opened
The gate and I set it free.
It went and fade into the light.
Oh soul: It started by I
And it went on till it was
We, who had it all; than it
Ended by you wandering
Where did it all go.
Musa Ndhlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Did It All Go? by Musa Ndhlovu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(563 BCE - 483 BCE)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Familiar Letter, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Wedding Anniversary Wishes -Bhaiya Bhabh.., Priya Arora
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
Poem of the Day
- Birthday, Gunde Narsing Rao
- Devil, Emranor Reja
- Elegy for Tomorrow, Jahred Bertolfo
- In a way all are slaves., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- To vent anger, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fate, Free Will and God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 13, Michael P. McParland
- Many Good Reasons To Cry, Bill Galvin
- Committing To A Cause, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Webs Of Fantasy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak