Where Are Those Days?
How are you teacher? Well I am remembering you these moments.
You might be wondering why I am suddenly asking this to you?
Well it's natural, I have been missing those days.
Its all of a sudden due.
That ground where I use to play basketball with all the sweet 16 girls,
That height of achievement when I use to touch the basketball ring with my tricks.
Playing with chalks was the ultimate core,
How could I forget that breaking of the classroom door?
Taking a peak into that class at which your breath just stopped for sometime,
Sitting on a bench in the balcony to wait for the recess break meanwhile.
That team of boys going altogether in washroom,
Coming with spiky hairs, looking like a newly wed groom.
Is that cricket field still lasting?
Where you bowled me with that glance while playing.
Oh, yeah! How can I forget that memorable Athletics meet?
Where all attention was given to my 16 feet.(long jump)
That balcony from where I use to just stare those eyes,
Those girls about whom I use to fantasize.
That smile from a distance meant world to me,
That nature brought smile on my face even in extreme fatigue.
I missed to mention that passing of answer sheet while giving annual exams.
And that classroom which was filled with full bunch of idiots.
Those girls who hugged just because of happiness,
Those teasing's without any reasons, those fights with morons?
That moment of pride when I received the blessings of my parents on stage,
Those tears of happiness when my father said my son achieved excellence.
All have gone, suddenly lost deep into some river,
And has transformed into a man made river full of tears.
Where are those days? ?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
and its dedicated to my school classmates and close friends.
Comments about this poem (Where Are Those Days? by Akash Bindal )
- You hold my soul, Amit Radha Krishna Nigam
- Wrong thought process, Emma Connor
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' Boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(15 April 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns