Where Am I? Where I am?
How Can I find where am I
if I am not here now
where I have to be..
If I am here and now
where else I can be....
is in this body, is in this mind..?
Is on this piece of rock called Earth
that revolve around
gaseous cloud Sun..
Or am I one among clouds
cluster of glowing matter in sky
what we call galaxy?
Or in the space in which
all these float in pool of energy?
Or I am the space for play of energy?
Am I now here as Ramdas
wearing mask and clown
dancing on my own?
Or am I in love with myself
struggling to save myself or
save my mask and clowns?
Have I to save myself from
perishable masks and clowns
which will fall of like old leaves?
I am here to know what am I
I am here for what I have to be
I must be happy where I am..
Is swimming here is wasting my
Is wrong to simply float where destiny takes..
or wasting abilities on thoughts?
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Where Am I? Where I am? by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Don't Brake The Wings, Arno Le Roux
- They Said, Lonnie Hicks
- Taken As Directed., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy