When You Said Hi
Yesterday when you told me hi
and flashed at me
that hundred watt smile
it did catch me by surprise.
Into momentary disequilibrium
I was suddenly thrown
because for reason unknown
you were speaking to me!
I thought, “Could this be? ”
After months of passing me by
perhaps you finally think
I’m worth your time.
As I recovered from my shock attack
and said to you hi back
my subconscious said “Yes! ”
You would make a fine new friend.
But it all made sense when you spoke again;
all you wanted was to borrow my pen.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Said Hi by Shaqueena Celestin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Decorating The Interior Of Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- fishing stream, lee fones
- Where is the tiger, gajanan mishra
- Only In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET, MOHAMMAD SKATI