When You Said Hi
Yesterday when you told me hi
and flashed at me
that hundred watt smile
it did catch me by surprise.
Into momentary disequilibrium
I was suddenly thrown
because for reason unknown
you were speaking to me!
I thought, “Could this be? ”
After months of passing me by
perhaps you finally think
I’m worth your time.
As I recovered from my shock attack
and said to you hi back
my subconscious said “Yes! ”
You would make a fine new friend.
But it all made sense when you spoke again;
all you wanted was to borrow my pen.
Shaqueena Celestin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When You Said Hi by Shaqueena Celestin )
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Harvest Moon II, Naveed Khalid
- The Red Moon, Naveed Khalid
- Tinnitus - New York Style, Geoffrey Fafard
- Love's Metaphor, Naveed Khalid