**WHEN YOU CATCH THAT FEVER! !
**WHEN YOU CATCH THAT
When the body temperature exceeds the normal, -
The doctor says that you have got the fever on
High fever can get you into a delirium,
And you could get admitted in the ICU!
One must guard oneself from the summer’s sun,
Take precaution from exhaustion and heat!
Wear those dark glasses and use a parasol,
And sun-tan lotion makes the picture complete!
Prevention is half the cure, is a saying which
is very true!
With cool butter milk and iced lemonades,
You can keep that heat off you!
Now there is another type of fever, more potent
than that ‘swine flu’!
It can strike you anywhere and at any time,
And you cannot take adequate precautions too!
When your heart starts to beat faster and a fever
rages all inside,
You get melancholic and delirious, -
When someone calls the doctor by your bedside!
When no temperature gets recorded, -
And the doctor looks concerned;
For you have caught the love’s fever, -
O! What a lovely way to burn!
13 Jun 09
(Wanted to write a poem in the lighter vein!)
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (**WHEN YOU CATCH THAT FEVER! ! by RAJ NANDY )
- What's the use of them?, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Dirt of love, akram saqib
- scotch is tape, not a cocktail, Mandolyn ...
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)