When We Abuse Nature
For the burning of fossil fuels there will be some price to pay
A looming Natural disaster some climate experts say
A looming disaster of destruction and death
Climate change than terrorism to human kind is a far greater threat.
Our abuse of Nature is out of control
Our burning of fossil fuels especially coal
From our Earth Mother who feeds us far too much we have stole
When we dig up her ground we root at Nature's soul.
The things we will destroy ourselves with in Nature we've found
Uranium for nuclear reactors and bomb making should be left in the ground
Other safer forms of energy that humans can use
When we abuse Nature ourselves we abuse.
On polluted or clean air and water we do have a choice
And for our abuse of Nature we will pay the price
It is due to our Earth Mother our gift of life we enjoy
And in trying to destroy her 'tis ourselves we'll destroy.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When We Abuse Nature by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John