When We Abuse Nature
For the burning of fossil fuels there will be some price to pay
A looming Natural disaster some climate experts say
A looming disaster of destruction and death
Climate change than terrorism to human kind is a far greater threat.
Our abuse of Nature is out of control
Our burning of fossil fuels especially coal
From our Earth Mother who feeds us far too much we have stole
When we dig up her ground we root at Nature's soul.
The things we will destroy ourselves with in Nature we've found
Uranium for nuclear reactors and bomb making should be left in the ground
Other safer forms of energy that humans can use
When we abuse Nature ourselves we abuse.
On polluted or clean air and water we do have a choice
And for our abuse of Nature we will pay the price
It is due to our Earth Mother our gift of life we enjoy
And in trying to destroy her 'tis ourselves we'll destroy.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When We Abuse Nature by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode To The Iroko Dryad, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- What one should not do jn the learned as.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland