When The Bluebells Bloom
There is so much beauty in Nature but as lovely a thing as I've seen
Is in May when the bluebells are blooming on the ditch along the old bohreen
The wild hyacinths of Mother Nature so lovely and bell like and blue
When the bohreen is lit by bright sunlight they sparkle in the morning dew.
Of the beautiful bluebells of Nature the memory with me remain
On the damp and shady ditch of the bohreem they bloom in the wind and the rain
Surrounded by Nature's leafy greenery where nesting birds whistle and sing
In fancy I can visualize the beauty of the Northern Spring.
In May when the bluebells are blooming birds whistle on the hedgerows and trees
And the wildflowers blooming amongst the long grass are dancing in the freshening breeze
And the hawthorns are heavily laden in their fragile blossoms of white
Than the natural beauty of Nature there's not a more beautiful sight.
When the bluebells bloom by the bohreen the little brown lark upwards fly
And pleasant the sound of his carolling this tiny speck in the Spring sky
And though I now live far from the bohreen in distance almost a World away
I fancy I hear the birds singing in the leafy woodlands of May.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When The Bluebells Bloom by Francis Duggan )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- [CW]Watch The Flash Season 1 Episode 11 .., Renz Barns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty
- Acceptance of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- What peace accepts?, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- It, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wonderful world of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Dare, H.M. Gautsch