When it rain and you're not ready
I'd long been dreaming of rain to come
To my life 'twas the chief event
for drought was fast approaching
killing me gently
Then the opportunity came
I'd put a thousand pail just out
yet the biggest vessel be in hid
for mine agony hath reigned
For if be stolen life's no use
If be judged, emotion flows
and if be questioned
what's my answer?
Mine defense be mine inferiority?
Aye! Indeed! I am weak
No trust! No hope
No face be shown
and rain hath passed
mine thinking yet undone
the pails weren't out
the vessel ain't either
I'd collected no water
I shalt die in thirst.
Ellirie Aviles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When it rain and you're not ready by Ellirie Aviles )
- Fair And Equal World, Asghar Nazeer
- Really, it was, gajanan mishra
- Paradox, Paula Glynn
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- September, Charles Hancock
- Once Summer Comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With Dogs And Rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby