When I Was Sick
I looked outside my window sill
Everything was tall and clean.
When sick never did i take a pill
And there on that tree grew beans.
Everything touched my tongue
So badly tasted sour.
Every time the birds sung
I was done for.
Wanted to play
and get out of this cage please.
For amazing was the day
But here i was seized.
When i was sick
I could not play
And an icecream i wanted to lick.
For amazing was the day.
I felt twisted.
A never here
and my heart was never listed.
With a never there.
I felt dizzy.
The room circled in two
And a bit frizzy.
There was nothing i could do.
Raabia Tabassum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Its not that good but still: D
Comments about this poem (When I Was Sick by Raabia Tabassum )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THEY WERE THE PRETTIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happy 10th Anniversary "Arirang Rad.., Ronald Chapman
- Halloween!, Ronald Chapman
- CAn bAnDy r0uNd JeW, sEaN nOrTh
- April fool, lee fones
- Half My Life (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- H.G Well's Folly, Ronald Chapman
- Good Dream Or Bad Dream For A Writer? Yo.., Ronald Chapman
- The wave, Tony Adah
- Look me in the eye, Poison kuhn