When I Was Sick
I looked outside my window sill
Everything was tall and clean.
When sick never did i take a pill
And there on that tree grew beans.
Everything touched my tongue
So badly tasted sour.
Every time the birds sung
I was done for.
Wanted to play
and get out of this cage please.
For amazing was the day
But here i was seized.
When i was sick
I could not play
And an icecream i wanted to lick.
For amazing was the day.
I felt twisted.
A never here
and my heart was never listed.
With a never there.
I felt dizzy.
The room circled in two
And a bit frizzy.
There was nothing i could do.
Raabia Tabassum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Its not that good but still: D
Comments about this poem (When I Was Sick by Raabia Tabassum )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty