When I Was Sick
I looked outside my window sill
Everything was tall and clean.
When sick never did i take a pill
And there on that tree grew beans.
Everything touched my tongue
So badly tasted sour.
Every time the birds sung
I was done for.
Wanted to play
and get out of this cage please.
For amazing was the day
But here i was seized.
When i was sick
I could not play
And an icecream i wanted to lick.
For amazing was the day.
I felt twisted.
A never here
and my heart was never listed.
With a never there.
I felt dizzy.
The room circled in two
And a bit frizzy.
There was nothing i could do.
Raabia Tabassum's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Its not that good but still: D
Comments about this poem (When I Was Sick by Raabia Tabassum )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Bayard Taylor
(11 January 1825 – 19 December 1878)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Behind My Pain, Spiritwind Wood
- The History Will Hide…, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Cried, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..