the prolific penman
When I Knew
The birds sang an unforgettable song on the day
We first met the bees although out of season
Made the sweetest honey just for us to taste.
While the sun shinned the warmest rays down
Upon us that's when I knew that I could be
In love with you.
The wind whistled through the trees slow and low
Just so we could dance as the leaves swirled
Around us happily ever after forever was the tune
That was playing.
I can still hear to this day we danced on what seemed
Like an endless cloud of love we went higher than the
Most natural high to a place familiar that we knew by
That’s when I could tell that I had fallen under
Love’s spell plus that you were the one for
Me and furthermore that I could forever love you.
Copyright © 2010 ~ the prolific penman
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When I Knew by the prolific penman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Am A Temple, Elma Burke
- dirTY scratches on a napkin by, the de.., sEaN nOrTh
- Words, Monica Lanier
- I Believed In You, Lilly Emery
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmai Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady