When a poet fades -
I struggle everyday with my pen in hand,
I take a little break, but I'm still writing
Everywhere I go, the more I understand.
All that I know, I put onto paper.
I express my soul, and that of the earth's.
Changing my own perspective daily
I take note of the beauty in the dull.
I am blinded from inspiration rarely,
For I see the world in full.
But to see such a world can be a burden
For the world goes beyond words sometimes.
What am I to do when complexity is heightened,
When no words reprimand the beauty I find?
With what words then will I write with,
What echoes of my spirit will do nature justice?
I see now the world isn't meant for saving,
In petty words, of wisdom.
Beauty must be found with out craving,
Eternally, for a new expression.
Lust must be exchanged for love,
And love must be relationship,
So when I see things around and above,
I must know them as I know myself.
When I know the world like a friend
My writing will end,
For then I will never be lost
With company of complete content.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (When a poet fades - by Josh Alfred )
- Over the river, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Many people, hasmukh amathalal
- Life is funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- America the Beautiful, oskar hansen
- freedom, marriam anderson
- insane, marriam anderson
- A Man Of No Patience, Sir Toby
- Philosophy, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Rose Flower, Akhtar Jawad
- For A Friend, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)