What time the shift starts...
It is one of those eras of travelling.Women - sun tanning.Laptops, cell phone. No it is not the smaller things in life that matters. But the larger goal, the bigger picture, the big question.
To what purpose, why, at what time.At what time the shift starts. Is cooking a good recreation or no? Fast cooked like veggies, bringing down to the question of travelling and travelling and staring.
when the pragmatic mind suddenly turns to an old fashioned view or just looking at a view. Where sports have become the next best thing to sex.
No, it is now the self satisfied picture, the cherished view of the self-fulfilled self with so many things to do, yet himself undone.
subhadip bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What time the shift starts... by subhadip bhattacharya )
- we admire ourselves..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- gondola through the heart of Venice, lee fones
- The Elf, Harold R Hunt Sr
- One Game, Naveed Akram
- Soothing dawn, Tiku akp
- Song of the Bell, Leslie Philibert
- Song of Farewell, Leslie Philibert
- A question..., ging taping
- synthesis of civilization., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Declaiming Waters none may dread, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)