What time the shift starts...
It is one of those eras of travelling.Women - sun tanning.Laptops, cell phone. No it is not the smaller things in life that matters. But the larger goal, the bigger picture, the big question.
To what purpose, why, at what time.At what time the shift starts. Is cooking a good recreation or no? Fast cooked like veggies, bringing down to the question of travelling and travelling and staring.
when the pragmatic mind suddenly turns to an old fashioned view or just looking at a view. Where sports have become the next best thing to sex.
No, it is now the self satisfied picture, the cherished view of the self-fulfilled self with so many things to do, yet himself undone.
subhadip bhattacharya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What time the shift starts... by subhadip bhattacharya )
- Mixture Of Interior Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- ~The Place Where Dreams Die~, E Nigma
- They all, hasmukh amathalal
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
- ~Someone Knows~, E Nigma
- In Egoless Silence We Bore..., Mr. Nobody
- Pleasure Of Desire, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is all true, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)