Poor mothers sigh on as sons fight
For, they in stealth crawl or growl
To split the mass to amass wealth:
Abel and Cain strained their father;
”I am not the keeper of my brother”,
Cain bluntly commented and fled.
Gandhari and Kunti moaned so much
Who lost their ever beloved children.
Abraham’s wives Sara and Hajra sighed-
Descendants of Isaac and Ismail, still,
Fight to be the super powers on Earth.
Bled Emperor Shajahan’s children rude
For grappling power on Delhi throne.
Petty kingdoms in India fought of Ego,
By lure of wealth and prestige worldly-
That saints renounced but rulers longed.
Spiritualism overridden by Materialism
Senses overridden by sensuality, here,
Degenerate the social and political life
Craving for fiscal prosperity insatiable
Nags in middle path- best to be followed-
In between luxury and poverty for peace.
I hear shrill cries from the Autumn heads
That dwarfed the generations to come.
See a hen with twelve chicks struggling
On dry grass; the strong one snatching
A bit of worm dangling from the beak
Of its weak sibling steps as a winged egg.
Mothers cry in memory of lost Spring
Their suffering pangs of birth delivered.
Hear! you hear, such shrieking of the hens
That lost chicks at the claws of the eagles.
Bunks and slum huts are razed, beauty
Of fire engulfs to please the vested lobby.
The sycophants of Kubera guffaw in bars
While Love’s sympathy barred inside bars.
Solution is resolution we make by reason
Bullets must be replaced by ballots safely.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Solution? by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
- ~The Exiled Queen~, E Nigma
- wild rabbit., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Address to Wm. Tytler, Esq., of Woodhous.., Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Carron Iron Works, Robert Burns
- The Belles of Mauchline, Robert Burns
- Bhai Phonta, Brother's Paste, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Lord a-Hunting he is gane, Robert Burns
- Lines on the Author's Death, Robert Burns
- Verses on Captain Grose, Robert Burns
- Eyes They See, Diplove gautam
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Man, Sidney Watson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)