What Seeds Do We Plant?
Power of the grave and far beyond
Democracy heart true success
Matters not who builds the biggest marker
The hour of dust is illiterate
What kind of seeds do we to plant?
What crops do we harvest?
Is it useless to furrow our deeds?
Good versus bad, which ones matter?
The light within does it not weep?
When scornful feed we keep
Two roads diverge from life’s canvas
Shortest zigzag narrows the margins
Our Will to decide which path, which play
Marks our consciousness makeup or lack
We admire the beast in the jungle
Instinct to feed its one survival mode
Unless captured and put on display
In cages for us to parade our freedom
By divine right we act we execute
Perceive what’s best for lower species
Understand and reclaim the Elgin marbles
What morals do we pass on?
This world has gone disarray
Which powers yield daily ethics?
What do I pass on to my younger blood?
When justice and equality shun my health
Will my veins become hard to bleed?
Num from all instant greed!
Let not blind ambition boast heraldry
Paved with Machiavellian Rasbutinic pavers
History does not forget or forgive
Its long arms erase all temptation shady gains
Some speak of Gods, some of devils
Bounce from one ear to the other
What a poor excuse to pacify
Love for black eyes from willing hands
Infamy spreads from individuals to nations
Might is right, sharpens the swords
Why blame rouge remote states
Whose free lessons available on the net?
This is not a paved new course or revelations
All have been debated since the dawn of the letter
Lets we forget and broom our dirt under the carpet
Certainty- not a fail mode- sooner than later I hope
Moral rods beat the carpet till perfectly cleaned from dust!
October 7th 2013
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Seeds Do We Plant? by Leaking Pen )
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
- "Vae victis! ", Lento Maez
- the death of a little girl, Lizzy Hartwig
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns