'WHat's Next? '
My wife called me at work, said the fridge just died,
And I couldn’t repress a smile,
As hard as I tired.
You see, My Jeep’s got a brake leak, and there’s something wrong with the tire,
My son was playing with matches, and almost set the house on fire.
The computer crashed yet again, I dropped my wedding ring down the sink,
The trash bag broke, on the way out the door,
Spilling left-over slaw and chicken bones,
All over the floor.
The swamp-cooler isn’t cool,
There are spider’s on the wall,
There’s a hole in the pool,
And let me tell you, that’s not all.
I just cleaned up three piles,
From the dog that never barked,
I got a ticket on my windshield,
From the other day when I double parked.
There’s just so many things I have to deal with,
All jumbled up in my head, and to top it all off,
The bank account is in the red.
So that’s why I had to smile to myself when my wife called and said,
Oh, did I tell you…the refrigerator’s gone dead.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('WHat's Next? ' by Kelly Seale )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine
- Don Juan In Amsterdam, William Daryl Hine
- A Thousand Words, William Daryl Hine