'WHat's Next? '
My wife called me at work, said the fridge just died,
And I couldn’t repress a smile,
As hard as I tired.
You see, My Jeep’s got a brake leak, and there’s something wrong with the tire,
My son was playing with matches, and almost set the house on fire.
The computer crashed yet again, I dropped my wedding ring down the sink,
The trash bag broke, on the way out the door,
Spilling left-over slaw and chicken bones,
All over the floor.
The swamp-cooler isn’t cool,
There are spider’s on the wall,
There’s a hole in the pool,
And let me tell you, that’s not all.
I just cleaned up three piles,
From the dog that never barked,
I got a ticket on my windshield,
From the other day when I double parked.
There’s just so many things I have to deal with,
All jumbled up in my head, and to top it all off,
The bank account is in the red.
So that’s why I had to smile to myself when my wife called and said,
Oh, did I tell you…the refrigerator’s gone dead.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('WHat's Next? ' by Kelly Seale )
- Revealed From Pretentions Concealed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Ego Control, Ali Faisal
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)