What Life Takes, Life Returns
Walking down the road
Saw I a raccoon passing by.
What a wonderful creature
That comes by at night
Without any fear
And makes my eyes shine.
Impressed did feel I
To see how the creature
Stopped walking by,
Fell to the floor
And its eyes shut down.
Fast went I
But this silent time
All was too late, figured I,
Fell on my knees
And silently cried.
The hour passed by
And finally stood I,
Moved my right foot
And for a walk started I.
Along by the road
A baby raccoon saw I.
What a beautiful creature
That walked suddenly by
And made a cute face
That came just behind
A felicitous huge smile.
Fast went I
To observe this little guy
And those eyes told I
That what away takes life
Somehow it will shine
And give it back with time.
Karen GonzalezVidela's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Life Takes, Life Returns by Karen GonzalezVidela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Michael P. McParland
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- So Tired(I Need You), Michael P. McParland
- colour of love, Prince Lartey
- Total Mystery, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When I Die, Kelly Shanks
- Butterflies, Michael P. McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael P. McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar, Michael P. McParland