What is love's message?
Is love so sweet that it will never end?
Then I suspect you've not been around the bend;
what's here today may be gone tomorrow,
so quickly joys have turned to sorrow.
So fast the days have sped away,
when were just a child at play;
when everything was fine and right,
when the blues were never in our sight.
Is love so grand, that we are blind?
to think we'd spend forever with one kind?
familiarity breeds contempt they say,
does allure and charm get in our way?
Why does her perfume turn our head?
or is it something else she did instead?
why are we committed to her side?
and, after time, look for a place to hide?
Is love the end of what we truly need?
or are there other voices we should heed?
the trials and tribulations fade in the end,
what message, when we lived, did we send?
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is love's message? by David Lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer
- the idiot box, Somanathan Iyer
- We can't live, Somanathan Iyer
- Ideals, Somanathan Iyer
- That's Racist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The best I could do, Somanathan Iyer
- A Confidence Born Of Grace, John deVries