What is love's message?
Is love so sweet that it will never end?
Then I suspect you've not been around the bend;
what's here today may be gone tomorrow,
so quickly joys have turned to sorrow.
So fast the days have sped away,
when were just a child at play;
when everything was fine and right,
when the blues were never in our sight.
Is love so grand, that we are blind?
to think we'd spend forever with one kind?
familiarity breeds contempt they say,
does allure and charm get in our way?
Why does her perfume turn our head?
or is it something else she did instead?
why are we committed to her side?
and, after time, look for a place to hide?
Is love the end of what we truly need?
or are there other voices we should heed?
the trials and tribulations fade in the end,
what message, when we lived, did we send?
David Lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What is love's message? by David Lessard )
- I Could Not Find My Way Free, Shalom Freedman
- Sailstarred, Sandsifting, Seaweed Script.., Saiom Shriver
- The art of love and affection!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Heaven with the Creator, Althea Marshall Wypyszczak
- Prison diary, Shikdar Waliuzzaman
- Mules, Saiom Shriver
- Abandoned Cocoon, Saiom Shriver
- I would cross, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Sometimes, Mark Webster
- Things of crumbs, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)