What Is Love? ? ?
Love is that special bond between two people, that lets them care about one another, but also lets them have their own life.
It is the good and the bad times, the joy and the pain.
If you love someone, you must give them room.
You must love the good and overlook the bad.
You must be there when they're happy
And stay with them when they're sad.
If you can give yourself to them without expecting a return,
And stand by them when you don't want to,
Then only can you say those words everyone dreams of:
I LOVE YOU.'
It is something everyone wants but few seem to ever find.
Of those who find it, fewer can seem to hold on to it.
It can't be seen but it has many sounds.
Thabang kgwatalala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? ? ? by Thabang kgwatalala )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1753 – 5 December 1784)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- And because Love battles, Pablo Neruda
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
Poem of the Day
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Point of Submission [Deictic Conclusions], Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Gift, Frank Avon
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loner, Michael Webb
- As One, Frank Avon
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai