What Is Love? ? ?
Love is that special bond between two people, that lets them care about one another, but also lets them have their own life.
It is the good and the bad times, the joy and the pain.
If you love someone, you must give them room.
You must love the good and overlook the bad.
You must be there when they're happy
And stay with them when they're sad.
If you can give yourself to them without expecting a return,
And stand by them when you don't want to,
Then only can you say those words everyone dreams of:
I LOVE YOU.'
It is something everyone wants but few seem to ever find.
Of those who find it, fewer can seem to hold on to it.
It can't be seen but it has many sounds.
Thabang kgwatalala's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Love? ? ? by Thabang kgwatalala )
- Spaces Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Know Why Old People Are Sometimes Very.., Shalom Freedman
- Speaking Loudly, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Sure, Michael McParland
- Into The Air, Robert Eckstein
- Loving you, Jesus James Llorico
- Fly away, Sagrario Garcia
- Killing Me Softly, Electric Lady
- Shh...I'm Hiding, Shrey Anand
- Faith in Christ!, Shaila Touchton
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1927)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)