What Is Love
What is love?
Is it the butterflies?
Is it the smile i get from you?
Is it how I am always excited?
I don't know what it is, do you?
Is it the shaky feeling I get when we kiss?
The comfortable feeling I get when we hug?
The feeling of an actual future?
The feeling of just finally being as happy as can be?
Is that love? Is it truly?
Do you feel the way I feel?
Do you have all the same things I feel?
Tell me it's true, tell me this relationship is real,
That it will last whether we die trying.
Please be true, please be real,
I don't want to get hurt no more,
Promise me you'll be the dream come true! <3
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Love by Theresa Short )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale