What Is Love
What is love?
Is it the butterflies?
Is it the smile i get from you?
Is it how I am always excited?
I don't know what it is, do you?
Is it the shaky feeling I get when we kiss?
The comfortable feeling I get when we hug?
The feeling of an actual future?
The feeling of just finally being as happy as can be?
Is that love? Is it truly?
Do you feel the way I feel?
Do you have all the same things I feel?
Tell me it's true, tell me this relationship is real,
That it will last whether we die trying.
Please be true, please be real,
I don't want to get hurt no more,
Promise me you'll be the dream come true! <3
Theresa Short's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is Love by Theresa Short )
- How Do They Catch Cobras?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Remember Me, Margaret Mead
- Mechanical Life, Mechanical World, Every.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A child is, Helena Sinervo
- If I Should Die, Thomas Gray
- Her First Week, Sharon Olds
- The Countryside Joker Said It, Let Me Do.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Landmine, Naveed Akram
- I am in fire, gajanan mishra
- Hide my heart, Mysia Hayling
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)