What is Life? What is its Meaning?
What is Life?
When mind enters the matter,
matter develops the mind,
Truth that splits into Three,
It is like fragile glass tree,
Three roots Father, spirit and Son,
Turn that hour glass,
the time starts with
Fusion of gametes,
In the game of love,
Father sits on throne,
Spirit fuels thirst, hunger and desires,
One day life itself starts wondering what is Life?
When life gets kicks for its desires and deeds,
Stands up and asks,
What is meaning of Life?
When metabolism shifts equilibrium,
Rate of catebolism exceeds anobolic rate,
Then starts thinks about fate!
What is the meaning of life?
The life finds answer in life itself,
Life finds answer in its question itself,
Father, spirit and Son trinity,
When son is full of spirit,
Wants to eat, drink, dance and make merry,
Forgets he has to cross the great ferry!
but when spirit stops fueling life, the son,
Thinks of father and sits somewhere alone,
In solitude looks at and screams
O, Father where are you?
When life learns neither matter, nor the mind,
But the truth that became God and satan,
The tree and the serpent,
Mind that was in confusion,
Asking what is Life,
Learns that life is not that,
Neither friend nor foe of life itself,
Only that confusion,
like a boy went to a fair to
purchase trained horse for race,
but lost its money on amusement
only able to purchase an old useless ass!
Life is like that,
If life rides life, life gets kicks and reach a dead end!
If life is led by life, life can live life full of bliss than full of fun and fun to other life it becomes,
When slips footing on its own shit,
Instead of flying like inter galactic space ship!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Is it only a dynamic system, exchanges matter and energy with surroundings,
Responds to stimulation and can reproduce, and adapt to surroundings, only this much or more,
sit and think and ask what is Life and capable of finding answer to its own questions? '
Comments about this poem (What is Life? What is its Meaning? by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
- The Belles of Mauchline, Robert Burns
- Bhai Phonta, Brother's Paste, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Lord a-Hunting he is gane, Robert Burns
- Lines on the Author's Death, Robert Burns
- Verses on Captain Grose, Robert Burns
- Eyes they see, Diplove gautam
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)