What is Life? What is its Meaning?
What is Life?
When mind enters the matter,
matter develops the mind,
Truth that splits into Three,
It is like fragile glass tree,
Three roots Father, spirit and Son,
Turn that hour glass,
the time starts with
Fusion of gametes,
In the game of love,
Father sits on throne,
Spirit fuels thirst, hunger and desires,
One day life itself starts wondering what is Life?
When life gets kicks for its desires and deeds,
Stands up and asks,
What is meaning of Life?
When metabolism shifts equilibrium,
Rate of catebolism exceeds anobolic rate,
Then starts thinks about fate!
What is the meaning of life?
The life finds answer in life itself,
Life finds answer in its question itself,
Father, spirit and Son trinity,
When son is full of spirit,
Wants to eat, drink, dance and make merry,
Forgets he has to cross the great ferry!
but when spirit stops fueling life, the son,
Thinks of father and sits somewhere alone,
In solitude looks at and screams
O, Father where are you?
When life learns neither matter, nor the mind,
But the truth that became God and satan,
The tree and the serpent,
Mind that was in confusion,
Asking what is Life,
Learns that life is not that,
Neither friend nor foe of life itself,
Only that confusion,
like a boy went to a fair to
purchase trained horse for race,
but lost its money on amusement
only able to purchase an old useless ass!
Life is like that,
If life rides life, life gets kicks and reach a dead end!
If life is led by life, life can live life full of bliss than full of fun and fun to other life it becomes,
When slips footing on its own shit,
Instead of flying like inter galactic space ship!
Ramdas Bhandarkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Is it only a dynamic system, exchanges matter and energy with surroundings,
Responds to stimulation and can reproduce, and adapt to surroundings, only this much or more,
sit and think and ask what is Life and capable of finding answer to its own questions? '
Comments about this poem (What is Life? What is its Meaning? by Ramdas Bhandarkar )
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Villanelle: No curse worse than the plac.., T (no first name) Wignesan