What Is It All About (Love)
I don’t know what is wrong with my life
Or why no one can really love me for who I am
I can’t comprehend why every time I open my mouth
... That no one understands.
What is this all about….
It’s about wanting to be loved by you
And feeling the warmth in my heart
It’s about being held close by you.
So that I don’t fall apart.
It’s about the lack of love, the lack of life,
And me being free.
Not free from you or free from life
But free to be me.
It’s about having someone love you
For who you really are
Having that warm feeling
That you are never far.
It’s about wanting to be with you
Every minute of the day
It’s about you wanting to make love to me
Every time I turn away.
I want to hear “kiss me Baby.
Take me I am yours”
I want to feel finger tips in my skin
And make love on sandy shores.
It’s about wanting to feel the love
That I have never really had
It’s about living life and loving it
Rather that always being sad.
It’s about stopping the hurt deep inside
That’s tearing at my heart
It’s about keeping us together,
Not tearing us apart.
You say that I never cry for you
And that means I have no heart,
I say that I would die for you,
Before the first tear could start.
So, that is what its all about,
There is no more to be said.
Bottom line, is I love you
And you are my life’s bread.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is It All About (Love) by Rik Bertrand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Nature, natalie dejesus
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave