what is it
What is it that makes us speak with eloquence,
Oscillates the fleshy organ of tongue in mouth.
What is it that makes us decipher infinite lines of
Lies trapped in hollow sockets of visual apparatus.
What is it that makes us sweat like an invincible
Exorbitantly saps reserve quotas of hidden energy.
What is it that tickles daintily stitched threads of
Vacillates with every unfolding minute of life.
What is it that makes our hair stand when bitter cold,
Causes surplus goose-bumps multiplying infectiously by
What is it that lifts our bodies from periphery of
Prompts us to run fast when struck with fear.
What is it that bestows us with a satiny shadow,
Attracts us unanimously towards impeccable pillars of
What is it that triggers us to laugh with zeal and
Imparts us with the bountiful quality of being
What is it that causes incoherent pressure to evacuate
Facilitates in healing raw islands of sordid wounds.
What is it that makes us cry in bouts of agonizing
Renders us mutilated exposed to the tyranny of life.
What is it that makes us hungry like untamed demons,
Inspires us to trample the innocent indiscreetly.
What is it that makes us oblivious to ticking hours of
Give our hearts to the person we vehemently love,
Dedicate our lives in due submission of the deity we
adore and pray.
Nikhil Parekh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (what is it by Nikhil Parekh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 June 1889 – 5 March 1966)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Bright Star, John Keats
Poem of the Day
- Loves Sweet Song, Michael P. McParland
- Love That Lasts, Michael P. McParland
- Love Comes, Michael P. McParland
- Loss Of Worth, Michael P. McParland
- Parking meater', george albot
- Lonely Nights, Michael P. McParland
- Loneliness Is An Option, Michael P. McParland
- Little Sexy Princess, Michael P. McParland
- You Are As It Is, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Yore Inn, Kim Barney