What Is A Heart Bereft Of Hope?
Hope brings me strength; hope brings me joy.
Hope uplifts my mind towards the sky.
Hope is that magic beyond all logic,
That makes me smile or run over a mile.
Imprisoned by sorrow when my heart does mourn,
Hope, my anchor, inspires me towards the dawn.
Then my winged feet carry me across grief's line,
Willingly I drown in the quicksand of past time.
Remorse withdrawn new courage is born,
Ignoring the cruel sundial of age I'm gone-
Far away where the glimmer of hope I can see,
Clearly transform sad feelings to comfort me.
When with heavy heart my thoughts I strum,
Oblivious to this noisy world I begin to hum……..
What is a heart bereft of new hopes?
- Simply an object that in darkness gropes.
If life had more hope than despair,
Could we our sorrow not repair?
And if it were the other way round
Would we not die without a sound?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (What Is A Heart Bereft Of Hope? by pam handa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sleep now, hasmukh amathalal
- OUR NEIGHBOR'S BABY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Older, Younger, Both, Joyce Sutphen
- Living in the Body, Joyce Sutphen
- Beggar thy Neighbor, John F. McCullagh
- In Black, Joyce Sutphen
- Ever After, Joyce Sutphen
- Miracle entry, hasmukh amathalal
- Evening Angelus, Joyce Sutphen
- Casino, Joyce Sutphen