I switched my head to off.
But my mind wonders.
She wants to stay on.
I cannot argue.
She is in control.
I am caged by her viscous hate.
I am bound to her lustful desires.
I am him.
I am she.
I am him to be a she.
I cannot sleep.
She is awake.
I am high inside the lowest shadow.
I am high outside the deepest shallow.
I swim when I am unable to walk.
They are many sharks.
None with one fin.
They want my flesh.
Unfortunately, I am poisoned.
My curse is scarred deep into my soul.
I smack my veins everyday.
Violet rakes my arms.
In between the needless and the dotted lines.
Pain inflicted by my help of self.
I am healing.
Only if I am let be.
Only then I am free.
Is am burning ash to the fire.
Was never suppose to be me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is by Unic Cjonr )
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Really Can't…, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)