I switched my head to off.
But my mind wonders.
She wants to stay on.
I cannot argue.
She is in control.
I am caged by her viscous hate.
I am bound to her lustful desires.
I am him.
I am she.
I am him to be a she.
I cannot sleep.
She is awake.
I am high inside the lowest shadow.
I am high outside the deepest shallow.
I swim when I am unable to walk.
They are many sharks.
None with one fin.
They want my flesh.
Unfortunately, I am poisoned.
My curse is scarred deep into my soul.
I smack my veins everyday.
Violet rakes my arms.
In between the needless and the dotted lines.
Pain inflicted by my help of self.
I am healing.
Only if I am let be.
Only then I am free.
Is am burning ash to the fire.
Was never suppose to be me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is by Unic Cjonr )
- I Remember When, Holly Moon
- Two Hearts Belong Together, Holly Moon
- Sensible Me, Holly Moon
- Wishing And Wishing, Holly Moon
- My Heart Is Breaking, Holly Moon
- Love Is A Gift, Holly Moon
- He Makes Things Better, FREDERICK OFORI
- Coffee, Thomas Edwards
- She is Everything, FREDERICK OFORI
- A Description Of Fever, George Chapman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)