I switched my head to off.
But my mind wonders.
She wants to stay on.
I cannot argue.
She is in control.
I am caged by her viscous hate.
I am bound to her lustful desires.
I am him.
I am she.
I am him to be a she.
I cannot sleep.
She is awake.
I am high inside the lowest shadow.
I am high outside the deepest shallow.
I swim when I am unable to walk.
They are many sharks.
None with one fin.
They want my flesh.
Unfortunately, I am poisoned.
My curse is scarred deep into my soul.
I smack my veins everyday.
Violet rakes my arms.
In between the needless and the dotted lines.
Pain inflicted by my help of self.
I am healing.
Only if I am let be.
Only then I am free.
Is am burning ash to the fire.
Was never suppose to be me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What Is by Unic Cjonr )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Indira Renganathan
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)