Ace Of Black Hearts
What If No One Comes To Help?
Poison is the enemy.
Silent are its victims.
Some call it the flesh eating scourge.
Soon enough you'll be hearing another dirge.
Oh if only there was a cure.
But not this time.
Penetrate the body.
Through the water, upon the air.
On the table.
Entering through the skins pores.
Dissolved directly in to bloodstream.
With the sharing of needles another contagion has won.
Sterilization doesn't seem to be solving it.
Victory is not upon the road paved of gold.
Scores and scores.
The stench of a dead mans fire.
The aroma that forever sicking and knot the stomach.
What is total this time?
Tell me what is the morality?
Quick and virulent.
Up with chickens and just another one of the fallen by supper time.
Superstition does not help.
Go head throw the salt over your shoulder.
It won't stop a single microbe.
Some believe it was a weapon created by the government.
To wage war in a way that completely devastate a country.
Sick in the millions and still counting.
They couldn't find the source.
They don't know who was patient x.
Completely lost in martial law and quarantine.
Gunned down for trying to break free.
A catastrophe of our making.
Nothing we can really do but hope, pray, and wait.
Claimed servants of god push upon the desperate making a mockery of a already lost soul.
Even in such times, they will those who will rise above it.
Looking after each other, that is a humans ultimate duty.
No matter the chaos filled world, if someone is not will walk upon the darkness with a guiding light and a help hand.
Then we are already doomed, we just don't know it yet.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (What If No One Comes To Help? by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
- Cheenti ki maut (Hindi) चींटी की मौत, S.D. TIWARI
- Even If You're Not A Poet, Call You That.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Truly Love you, Michael McParland
- The Third Person, Latha Krishnan
- This Body And This Mind, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)